It is a purposeful event to bring Americans of different faiths, races, ethnicities and other uniqueness together to rededicate ourselves to our pledge; One nation under God with liberty and Justice for all. We will pray for peace, prosperity and security of our nation.
The 10th Annual event is moved to Mulberry, Florida – for a singular purpose – to mitigate possible apprehensions generated by the planned burning of 2998 copies of Quran on September 11, 2013. We hope it restores our faith in the cohesiveness of America, and we the people will go on about our business of living our daily lives.
Date 9/11/2013 in Mulberry – place and time will be announced soon.
We honor the free speech guaranteed in our constitution, and have no intentions to criticize, condemn or oppose Pastor Terry Jones freedom of expression. Instead, we will be donating blood and praying for goodness to prevail.
We hope, our mercy based message will remind those few Muslims elsewhere in the world that violence is not the way. We believe it may bring a change in the attitudes of followers of Pastor Jones, and in the behavior of those Muslims who reacted violently the last time Pastor sought notoriety. The full press release: http://worldmuslimcongress.blogspot.com/2013/08/planned-muslim-response-to-quran_18.html
- to be together as Americans
- to express our gratitude to our men and women in uniform
- to honor individuals who have contributed to the well being of Mulberry, Florida
- to emphasize and appreciate diversity represented by America.
- to cherish the otherness of others.
- to commit to be good neighbors
- to rededicate our pledge to the peace, prosperity and security of America
Please join us with your family and friends to be together as Americans. Your presence is a valuable expression of unity. Along with our elected officials, civic, religious and business leaders, you help fulfill our common values and aspirations. Your presence fortifies our commitment to a pluralistic America.
Wednesday, September 11, 2013
(Preferably joined in by members of at least 7 faith traditions, if not all)
Pledge of Allegiance
To be led by the Hon. Mayor of Mulberry
Purpose of Unity DayThank Yous and Acknowledgements
Civic LeadersMayors, Police and Fire chiefs, and Civic Leaders to share 3 minutes each – about their responsibility in treating each citizen with respect and dignity
Honoring the activists
Those who have stood up for others
Spiritual Leaders to share their wisdom – 3 minutes each. In Dallas we bring 15 traditions, here we can do as many as we can gather – between Atheist (all Americans need to be represented), Baha’i, Buddhist, Christian (as many denominations as we can), Earth Based, Hindu, Jain, Jewish, Muslim, Native Americans, Pagan, Sikh, Shinto, Wicca and Zoroastrians.
- I will I will speak up when there is injustice.
- I will speak up when truth is not spoken.
- I will make my words and my actions mitigate conflicts.
- I will do my share in nurturing goodwill for the benefit of all.
- I will do my share of peace work, without looking for others
- I will do respect the God given uniqueness of each individual.
- I will do my best to live and let others live their way.
- I will do my best to nurture goodwill in everything I do.
Pray for the well being of all Americans, and pray for Reverend Terry Jones, and seek forgiveness for all of us, and that God guide to Guide Reverend Terry Jones to become a be blessed peace maker. Pray for the goodwill of the people of Polk county and Mulberry City, and pray for a cohesive America, where no American needs to live in apprehension, discomfort or fear or fellow Americans.
Conclusion – Thank you.
Depending on the time and place – we can arrange soft drinks, cookies and munchies.
1. PLANNED MUSLIM RESPONSE TO PASTOR JONES QUR’AN BURNING URL- http://worldmuslimcongress.blogspot.com/2013/08/planned-muslim-response-to-quran_18.html
9. MUSLIMS PROTESTS – MULBERRY LEDGER
All the original pieces related to the Quran burning even are at www.WorldMuslimCongress.com
(214) 325-1916 text/talk