We practice our religion upside down – we attempt to put the roof on the house even before laying the foundation or erecting the frame.
Ask those Amins among us, how they have practiced Islam by building a positive image of Muslims, and by being with others just with the first and second Sunnah and without the exhibitive Sunnah. There are many good examples, and I hope you have your own examples to share. Dr. Arjumad Hashmi has done that in Paris, Texas, and last night it was a joy to see Dr. Nabil Syed in a gathering of Indian Doctors. We don’t drink and we had plenty of Vegetarian food, and we don’t have to make a big deal about being Muslims through Halal food and no alcohol. You can give a lot more examples than me and let’s build on it.
We need to re-set our priorities given our situation. We need to restart ourselves. Become the Amin first, and then wear all the garb, beard and Hijab we want– you will not stick out, because you have become a part of the society and your religion is not preventing you from being with other people. God would not have said the best ones amongst you are the ones who learn about each other. If we can learn to respect the otherness of others and accept the God given uniqueness of each one of us, then conflicts fade and solutions emerge.
On your part, you can do simple things and they are laid out in the following articles:
- 1. American Muslim Agenda – http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mike-ghouse/american-muslim-agenda-a-_b_5528706.html
- 2. Are Muslims a part of America?http://nabsites.net/demo/july-4th-celebrations-muslims-and/
- 3. American Muslim Agenda -3 –http://nabsites.net/demo/july-4th-celebrations-muslims-and/
- 4. Connecting with the Prophet http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mike-ghouse/how-i-connect-with-prophet-muhammad_b_2547782.html
- 5. In defense of Islam http://www.dallasnews.com/news/columnists/steve-blow/20100919-In-defense-of-Islam-pursuing-9397.ece
- 6. Criticism of Islam and the Prophet –http://nabsites.net/demo/criticism-of-islam-prophet-muhammad/
- 7. Two Islams – Mangled up and Pristine –http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mike-ghouse/two-islams-the-mangledup-_b_5748280.html
- 8. Establishing Muslim Attitudes –http://worldmuslimcongress.blogspot.com/2014/04/reestablishing-right-muslim-attitudes.html
- 9. The power of engagement; Sean Hannity and Peter King – have made positive changes. http://nabsites.net/demo/youre-dangerous-sparks-fly-between/
- 10. Our Mission at World Muslim Congress –http://worldmuslimcongress.blogspot.com/2012/01/mission-of-world-muslim-congress.html
1. 16th Annual thanksgiving Celebrations and Awards Nightwww.ThanksgivingCelebrations.org
3. 12th Annual Unity Day USA is scheduled for 9/11/2015 – www.Unitydayusa.com
4. Quran Conference – www.Quraanconference.com
5. Several Intrafaith conferences, and a lot of work on Sharia is done, all atwww.WorldMuslimcognress.com
(214) 325-1916 text/talk
Mike Ghouse is a public speaker, thinker, writer and a commentator on Pluralism at work place, politics, religion, society, gender, race, culture, ethnicity, food and foreign policy. He is commentator on Fox News and syndicated Talk Radio shows and a writer at major news papers including Dallas Morning News and Huffington Post. All about him is listed in several links at www.MikeGhouse.net and his writings are at www.TheGhousediary.com and 10 other blogs. He is committed to building cohesive societies and offers pluralistic solutions on issues of the day.